Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spaghetti Napolitan from Cooking With Dog (Yum!)

    If y'all don't watch cookingwithdog for tasty inspiration, you REALLY need to start. Most of the recipes are Japanese (for, uh... obvious reasons) but she has great technique and ideas. I've made quite a few of her recipes and they have been pretty much great every time. Plus Francis the poodle is so cute :)

    I love spaghetti of any variety, but this Spaghetti Napolitan is one of the best variations I've ever had! You can put whatever the heck you want into it (I added yellow squash. Broccoli and zucchini would have been yummy as well). It's a good way to sneak in lots of veggies!

A few notes:
    -I only put just a tiny squirt of ketchup (and got complaints about even that!) and the rest was just tomato puree, home-canned tomatoes and a dash of vinegar. Personally I liked the ketchup (you could barely taste it, of course) but people in this house didn't like the sweetness it gave. If you like ketchup, go for it!
    -I used canned ham since I had it on hand. Leftover ham would work perfectly, too.
    -The noodles are Ancient Harvest Quinoa Spaghetti Noodles. They're my favorite!

    I highly recommend this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment