This peanut butter cookie recipe is the easiest thing ever to make. I don't even know where I got it from - I've just had the recipe in my head for ages. Super simple and super good. It's worth using good quality peanut butter in these cookies, but whatever ya got is going to work great (these particular ones were made from the cheapest of cheap ingredients, but they turned out spectacularly!).
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
makes about two dozen
1c peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
handful chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
3. Form into balls and place onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
4. Press the top of each ball with the tines of a fork into a crisscross pattern.
5. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before attempting to move from pan. They're very delicate while warm, but they firm up and get crispy when they've cooled.
7. Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Next time I'm thinking less sugar, for these are really rather rich (good for portion control, I suppose). And maybe replace the sugar with honey instead. After all, peanut butter and honey sandwiches have always been tasty!